Lumion compatibility and real-time rendering for Rhino
Since its first release in 1998, Robert McNeel & Associates Rhinoceros 3D has become an innovative architectural design tool known for its ability to help architects incorporate polygon meshes, point clouds, solids, surfaces and NURBS curves into their design workflows.
And with all the standard 3D modeling tools, Rhino makes it possible for architects to give both form and function to their most creative ideas.
With Lumion 3D rendering software for architects, you’ll never have to guess what your Rhino design will look like in a real-life or a conceptual, imagined environment. Lumion conveys the beauty of your Rhino designs by unveiling them in a detail-rich context with beautifully textured materials.
And the best part — Lumion is easy to learn, reducing the time it takes to create images, videos and 360 panoramas of your most innovative Rhino models.
“During design development, we’re using Lumion as a tool to convey to clients the emotion and feeling about their project, and how it will enhance their lives.”
- Quickly create high-quality images, videos and 360 panoramas at any point in your workflow
- Render your model in real-time with Lumion LiveSync for Rhino
- Easily show your design in its real-life or conceptual setting with over 5,600 items in the Lumion content library
- Make your architectural design feel real by texturing it with over 1,200 customizable materials in the Lumion content library
- Create high-quality images in minutes; create videos in a few short hours
- Create 360 panoramas for interactive presentations and VR
Capture the life of your designs
By pairing your Rhino modeling workflow with Lumion 3D rendering, you can dramatically reduce the amount of time it takes to truly capture the life, beauty and emotion of your designs, rendered as high-quality images, videos and 360 panoramas.
To use Lumion, all you need to do is import your model and then start shaping the surrounding landscape with reliable, familiar tools. You can dress your building design in high-quality materials that feel real, add interior and exterior objects to show a living environment, and then render a photorealistic or conceptual result.
1. Real-time rendering with LiveSync
LiveSync for Rhino is the free, real-time rendering plugin that creates a live connection between your Rhino project and Lumion. In an instant, LiveSync imports your model into Lumion and allows you to work in both programs, simultaneously.
With LiveSync, you can see your building as you build it. And gain invaluable insight into the development of your designs.